Friends of St Barnabas College
The Friends of St Barnabas is a community of people who have the interests and welfare of the College in their hearts.
The objectives of “The Friends” are
- to raise awareness of the College and its mission in the Province of South Australia among Anglican parishes and the wider church and community
- to support the role of St Barnabas College, especially with respect to building community, advertising and fund-raising
- to enrich the life of the college community through the involvement of “The Friends” in key events
- to oversee a network of parish representatives to facilitate a connection to the College
- to maintain up-to-date contact details with old scholars, graduates and Collegians.
- to encourage prayer for the life of the College and those associated with it.
Projects of “The Friends” will be
- to sponsor a “Friends of St Barnabas” academic prize annually
- to fund a “Friends of St Barnabas” scholarship
- to organise an annual Friends dinner
- to provide members with information about current staff members and current students
- to provide members with a schema for regular prayer for the College, its members and activities
The inaugural Chair of the The Friends of St Barnabas College is the Rev’d Stuart Langshaw. Please contact Stuart today if you wish to become involved in the running of The Friends of St Barnabas (email@example.com 8305 9380).
All students who graduate from the College are given free membership for the first year after they graduate.
You can pay your membership fee online here. Membership is $40 per annum ($20 for concession) – we encourage Friends to make an additional donation to the College, to assist its mission and ministry.
- reduced fees for membership of the College library (once that starts)
- reduced fees for “interest only” study
- College newsletters
- invitation to special “Friends” and College events.