The College now has in place a plan for the safe re-opening of the College and Library from Monday, 29 June 2020 and for face-to-face lectures recommencing in Semester 2 on 13 July 2020.
Should you have any health vulnerabilities or concerns regarding:
- On-site working please contact Cathy Thomson at email@example.com
- Accessing the library please contact Katrina Dal Lago, Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attending classes please contact Damian Szepessy, Academic Manager at email@example.com or Maria Harrison, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and together we will explore alternative arrangements for you.
Please note, the plan includes requiring you to commit to the following practices:
- You must not enter the building if you have any respiratory or flu-like symptoms or within the last 14 days you have been in contact with anyone suspected of having or who has been diagnosed with having the COVID-19 virus.
- If within 14 days of leaving the building you, or someone you have been in contact with, contracts the virus, you will notify the College immediately on 8305 9380.
- Upon entering the building, you will use the hand sanitiser provided prior to proceeding to the reception, library, conference, kitchen, or lecture rooms.
- You will comply with the required 1.5 metres social distancing.
- You will follow the hygiene and social distancing instructions posted at entrances across the college, including those at Reception, Library, Kitchen, conference, and lecture rooms
- You will follow the instructions as provided to you by staff that have been developed to keep you and others safe.
If we commit to the above, we can all play our part in keeping our community safe and ensuring that COVID-19 does not spread.
SBC Library Guidelines
Visiting the Library
- Do not enter the library if you have respiratory or flu-like symptoms or have had close contact with someone confirmed or suspected to have Covid-19.
- Use hand sanitizer provided before signing into the library.
- All visitors are required to sign in upon arrival for the purpose of Covid-19 contact tracing.
- Maximum of 1 person per aisle.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Use hand sanitizer when required.
- Wipe down touched surfaces with wipes provided, e.g. photocopier, keyboard, mouse, desks, pens.
- Follow library signage directions.
- Please do not wipe down books.
- Return all borrowed items to the library returns chute. All items will remain on loan until Monday of the following week to maintain hygiene requirements. If you have reached your loan limit, speak to the librarian for assistance.
- Books used within the library are to be placed on the quarantine table provided, or the returns chute.
- Reserve Collection: use hand sanitizer before and after handling Reserve items.
- For those with health concerns, the Reserve & collect service is still available.
- Research support available via phone, email or a meeting can be setup using Zoom.
Any questions please contact Katrina in the library.
Contact Library: 8305 9307
Contact Library: 8305 9307