Why Study With Us?
There are several options for theological study in South Australia. So what is distinctive about St Barnabas College?
- The most flexible learning options in Adelaide: weekly classes, evening classes, intensives, distance education options
- The greatest variety of Christian traditions among lecturers and students: Anglican, Baptist, Pentecostal, Catholic, Uniting, Churches of Christ, Presbyterian, Salvation Army, Evangelical, and more
- In addition to our St Barnabas College Library and Charles Sturt University’s extensive online collections, we provide membership for our students to the Lohe Memorial Library (Lutheran)
- The richness of the Anglican traditions of prayer and worship for those interested
- The rigorous academic standards of university study
- An outstanding environment for honours, masters, and especially doctoral studies, with a wealth of experience and expertise in best-practice supervision
- Research-active lecturers who publish and present in national and international journals, books, and conferences
- The excellent online learning environment provided by Charles Sturt University (read more…)
- Smaller class sizes, allowing for in-depth conversation and participation, leading to deeper learning and engagement, combined with understanding of adult learning styles
- A large interstate student body in theology, through our participation in the Charles Sturt University School of Theology, with over 600 students and 40 doctoral students, through campuses in Canberra, Sydney, and Brisbane